Sunday, September 1, 2019

Yesterday morning I trimmed all the over-grown plants out front and did laundry before I got to go have fun with Marcie.  First I admired all the quilts she's gotten finished this summer (I'd seen photos, but of course they never do artwork justice!)  Then I let Latina squirm all over me as she told me how much she missed her Aunt Bobbi this summer. 




Next was a trip over to The Other Quilt Store for the 6+ yards of neutral background fabric I need for Elena's quilt.  Sheri doesn't have nearly the inventory that 35th Ave. does, so "just in case" I thought it would be a good idea to find a 30% off coupon, and was surprised at how long it took to find one.



TOQS was a happening place because the ladies were dropping off their August Challenge entries.  (Voting starts today.)  As feared, there wasn't a suitable white-on-white fabric.... but I did find an adorable cat fabric (in "my" colors) that should make a wonderful kid's quilt (sometime), so naturally I "needed" to pick up a yard.



Then it was off to 35th Ave.  Their selection of white-on-white did not yield anything appropriate (most were too thin) but we did find a batik that will work well.  Naturally I was extremely happy that we'd stuck with it and had eventually found a 30% off coupon.... it saved me big bucks!  



They did not have the 1/4" foot for my machine (the one I use does not have the very helpful guard, like Marcie's.)  Sewing the narrow strips together will require more precision than I'm "used" to, so I'm glad I found one on-line to order.  (With all the cutting I need to do it should arrive well before I'm at the sewing stage!)  Once back home we also used her precision guide to check my needle position for a 1/4" seam - and is anyone surprised that I was considerably off?!



As long as we were in the neighborhood Marcie treated me to lunch at Las Glorias.  Delicious (as always) and with their large portions neither one of us could finish our meal (also as always) so I was able to bring home leftovers. We were also right near Bookman's - but unfortunately my book list was not with me, so I'll need to make another trip down there.  



This morning I did some more work in the yard, and then made a first pass through the big stack of mail.  As expected, the vast proportion of it went right into the trash/recycling, and now there's only a little that actually needs to be dealt with.



Tried to call Mom this morning, but I experienced difficulties with my phone.  However she saw that I'd called (twice) and just called me back, so we were able to catch up.  I have also been having trouble with my iPad (all of a sudden most of my games won't load now) and my laptop (again, most of my usual games won't load.)  Not sure what the issues are, but since these ALL fall into the electronic/technology category I have to wonder whether my body is sending out extra-strong vibes?

Next on this morning's agenda is to iron my blue fabrics (picked up sizing yesterday to help with that) because later today I'm off to Marcie's to cut a zillion 1/5" strips on her Accuquilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment