Saturday, August 31, 2019

Yesterday Joy brought over the mail she'd picked up for us, and we chatted for a while.  I had just read Mary's e-mail about Jack, who is not responding to treatment, and was understandably upset.



Mailed off a birthday card for Lisa - found the perfect one in Colorado, but didn't have her address with me (or my checkbook!) so that had to wait until I got home.  Since Tom had used up all the stamps (at least he did put them on the shopping list) I had to venture out to buy some.  With her birthday on Monday (when there is no mail delivery du to the holiday) obviously her card will be late this year.


  
As long as I had to venture out in the heat <g> I did a little (much needed!) grocery shopping and also picked up my new antibiotics. The clinic in Alamosa had called to say that the results of the culture had come back, and I was to stop the Bactrim (which I had virtually finished) and start on Amoxicillin.  Remembering the difficulty I encountered last summer getting my Rx "across state lines" I would not have been surprised to experience problems, but happily it was ready and waiting for me.



Marcie came by in the afternoon and we caught up a bit.  She's still in considerable pain from their car accident several weeks ago (bruised bones take a long time to heal) but has finally seen the tiniest bit of progress.  She helped me pick out fabrics from my stash for Elena's wedding quilt, and today we plan a trip to the quilt store where I hope to find the neutral fabric for the background.  At some point I will make use of her Accuquilt for the zillion needed 1.5" strips so I can get started on it.



When Marcie left I went out back to start the grill, and of course Brownie came with me.  He immediately spotted something in the backyard (a bird?) and took off running.  But when he neared the shallow end of the pool, instead of staying on the deck he took a flying leap - and landed in the water!


I saw him panicking, trying (in vain) to claw his way out of the pool, so instead of getting in and guiding him toward the steps (important for the next time!) I raced over and pulled him out.



Wanda called just as I was getting ready to take the chicken off of the grill, so we didn't get to chat.  I did call her back after I finished eating, but when she didn't answer I figured she was having her dinner.



I got a lot of stuff put away yesterday and did some laundry, the porches got swept and plants  watered, the pool is now nice and clean (though too warm to be refreshing) - but I never did look at the mail.  That should happen today... maybe!


No comments:

Post a Comment