Friday, August 2, 2019


During dinner last night a goldfinch slammed into the window - hard.  Terry went out to see if she could do anything to help it, but sadly the bird did not make it.



Went for a quick soak in the Party Pool this morning, and around the time I needed to head back (so Terry could take Shadow into town for his appt at the vet for his annual shots) four women arrived. They were discussing a book all of them were reading, and during a lull in their conversation I asked what book. It turned out to be Where the Crawdads Sing, and as soon as I heard that I headed back to the house so I wouldn’t hear anything to ruin my reading of the book once I get home to Phoenix.




I had washed all my bedding - and Brownie’s - this morning, and this afternoon he got a (needed) bath. Currently he smells like wet dog, but once he dries I’m hoping he will be odorless.

Geez... Some people really pamper their pets, I guess.
Lady, you have never smelled this dog when he gets wet!
Come on, just loosen that grip on the leash a little, just a little...


Pahni returned for a goodbye visit; he's heading home to Taos today.





 Brownie missed most of it; he was busy in the backyard, having chased a squirrel who eventually escaped under some of the leftover roofing.   Brownie spent a lot of time out there waiting (and even digging a little), obviously hoping (to no avail) that the squirrel would come out and "play". 
  


Brownie did finally come inside in time to say goodbye.



Terry just called from Salida with a change of plans.  She'll be home in a bit, but just long enough to drop off groceries and then head back out to pick up James.  So I will be on dinner duty tonight.  That means omelettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment