Thursday, August 8, 2019

Today was a lunch date in Salida, so Cynthia was here to stay with Neil.  Terry planned to head out early and get a bunch of errands done before we rendezvous-ed, but guess what? <g>  I drove Hilda and Elinor, and after lunch at the Firefly I drove back with Hilda while Elinor stayed in town with Terry to run some of her errands.



Between Salida and Poncha Springs, I saw the top of a buck loping through the tall grass alongside the road.  Sure enough, he eventually darted in front of us - and incredibly there was no one behind us or coming toward us, so we were the only ones graced with the sight.



Back on Road GG, I checked the tall dead tree for owls, and today was rewarded with a sighting.  Couldn't get him to really cooperate, so the pix aren't very good.




And walking around below, trying for a better shot, I spooked him.



Got home in time to feed Brownie and then take him for a walk (I'd sequestered him in the bedroom so Cynthia wouldn't have to worry about possible interactions between him and Shadow) just before it started to rain.


Just checked my e-mail, and had this from Tom:

Marcie called last night and she and Mike were in a crash on I-17 Tuesday. They got banged up pretty good but are home and doing fine. I am going down to visit this afternoon. They think it totaled the Porsche. The seat belt bruised her sternum and the side air bag bruised Mike's left arm. All in all they were lucky and she says they are doing fine. That is really all I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment