Tuesday, August 13, 2019



Yesterday Lisa M. turned me on to Morning Smile, so now I'll be getting a daily dose of good news in my e-mail.  Already shared a couple of the stories on my FB page today.  If you're interested, here's the link:



We had a quiet celebration for Neil's birthday.


After a delicious birthday dinner (grilled chicken, corn-on-the-cob, and fully loaded salad) we sang Happy Birthday


before diving into his cake.





Brownie did not "cooperate" by "taking care of business" during either his pre-dinner walk,  though he did get to play with Kinky (a white cutie the same size as he is who is staying in Willow Cabin) - and I got to enjoy a colorful sky.



He didn't take care of business during his 10:00 bedtime walk either - and unfortunately it was so cloudy I didn't get to see any of the hoped-for Perseids.

Perseid meteor shower will peak overnight on Aug. 12 and 13. 
The best time to look for Perseids is around 3 a.m. local time.




Karen (Terry's oldest sister) & Mark fly in from NY tomorrow (for a 2-week stay), so Terry will be making a grocery run into town today while I stay with Neil and Hilda.  Karen's birthday is Thursday, and she's a penguin lover like me.  


Last summer I "appropriated" her penguin sleep shirt, so this year, after thinning out some of my sleepwear over the winter, brought a couple to pass along to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment