Thursday, August 29, 2019

Got in several soaks on Tuesday, 
and Brownie had one last chance to bark at deer.


He was surprisingly calm as things kept disappearing from the bedroom on Tuesday, and then yesterday morning.  I was reasonably sure he'd tag along to the car when it was time to head out...


 but put his leash on "just in case."  Good thing, because a squirrel had the nerve to run in front of us, and IF he'd been off-leash I might still be there chasing him!



We had an uneventful drive to Cortez yesterday, and checked in to the Best Western we'd stayed at on the way up.  I left him in the nice, cool room while I hit the used bookstore a few blocks away.  Sadly they didn't have any of the titles on my list, although the guy did say that there had been previous requests for a couple of them.



Tom called last evening to say he'd arrived in Oregon, and reported how hot it's been at home.  Think I'll be hibernating inside for a while....



I was up early, and now I'm off to breakfast before we hit the road for the final leg home to the heat.


Tried to fill up with gas yesterday, but the gas station on "my" side of the road between the bookstore and motel was out of premium.  So I'll need to take care of that after breakfast.






No comments:

Post a Comment