Monday, August 19, 2019

Shortly after I dropped off the Toyota keys yesterday I went back over to the Visitor Center to buy some goat sticks (sort of a cross between goat jerky and goat sausage) and got to meet the owner of said keys - who was very grateful I'd found them and turned them in.



Dinner last night was at Elinor & Richard's, but I stayed home with Neil so Terry could enjoy the evening with her sisters and mother. Naturally Neil didn't 'cooperate' before Terry drove down, so I got to change his diaper by myself.  NOT easy to turn him with just one person, even though Terry manages quite well by herself.



This morning I walked Brownie before I headed to town for my oil change.  Saw this "no bake" tent, which I'd never seen before.  It can get really hot inside a tent, so I'd guessed that the silver reflective material is used to address that issue.  



Looked it up when I got back.



We walked up the road past the chain, 
and I'd finally remembered to tuck my camera into my dog walking bag.




The clay color on the hill at the mine makes it easy to spot, from a distance, 
just what ridge of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains houses Valley View!




Left here pretty much on schedule this morning, getting into Salida just after 8. Even though there were several cars ahead of me I still got in around 8:30.  A woman in the waiting room was having trouble with her Smart phone, and we commiserated about how our kids roll their eyes and have no patience with those of us who are technology immigrants (and then somehow got onto the subject of quilting.)  When my car was ready (around 9:00) and Jim asked me where I was staying, I said with Neil & Terry at Valley View.  Turns out the woman, Ellie, is a friend of theirs. She asked if I knew a couple from Saguache, the Geddes, and I said the only people I knew in Saguache are Don and Cathy (some of the group who was here for dinner on Thursday) - and that was them!



Stopped in Villa Grove to see Helen, and visit her pottery studio.  
Loved her artsy house, and bought some of her bird note cards.  




Then I stopped across the highway at Villa Grove Trade for an ice cream sandwich (I never had breakfast) but they were out.  Did buy some wool roving for the birds to use in their nests next spring, and recognized Amber.  Since I knew that she and Jeff had sold the business recently I was somewhat surprised to find her working there.




Brownie was quite happy to see me return, and we headed up to the Party Pool for a soak.  Everyone is enjoying the prolific sunflowers - especially after last year, when there were none!






Moss Mama


Brownie hung out in the shade much of the time - 
except when he 'needed" to bark at other dogs.



This RV had a fun license plate.



And this truck had some post-worthy bumper stickers.







Someone had fun building rock ducks!




Now I'm on Neil and Hilda duty; Terry and Karen headed into town for a grocery shop.



Mark, who is an engineer and computer whiz, is pretty sure he can switch my laptop's PAGE UP button, which some idiot put where the SHIFT button SHOULD be.  IF the instructions he found work that would be absolutely wonderful!  It drives me nuts when I hit that button automatically for a capital letter and end up via a worm hole <g> somewhere elsewhere on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment