Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Spent the day taking care of  "this and that".  After the gym I swung by the library to pick up a book that had come in for me, and also grabbed a couple of DVDs that are on my Netflix list.  I deposited a check at the bank on my way to TOQS, where I took advantage of today's 25% off sale to pick up a couple of jelly rolls that I had admired last time I was there.  Still had time before irrigation to drop off some things at Marcie's, and she liked my new book so much that she's going to take advantage of the coupon they included with my order and get one for Silas.

Irrigation arrived on time, and we definitely got our full complement of water.  In fact we got so much that the water yet again came up to the foundation, which is not good.  So guess we can try (yet again) cutting back on our watering time.  Unfortunately the flow/volume just don't seem to be consistent.  FYI while I was out there monitoring things I did even more weeding.

Once I let the water go I headed over to Target, where I got this year's flu shot.  Still need to get the shingles shot, but I'm waiting until I can find a time to schedule that when I don't have a bunch of things on tap; it's likely that I will feel crappy for a while afterward.  I did pick up a few other things while I was there, but not the most "wanted" items: a new address book (do they even make them any more?!) and some gardening gloves.

Saw on Instagram that the guys were en route back to the mainland.  When I texted Alex to let him know the gate was unlocked so he can get back to his place, he called me back from the airport in Florida.  He sounded pretty wiped out, but maybe he'll manage to grab some sleep on the flight to AZ.  I don't expect them to arrive home until at least midnight, so I should be fast asleep when they get home... though it's possible Brownie will alert me to "intruders".

Tomorrow I'll get to hear all about the fun they had!

No comments:

Post a Comment