Tuesday, September 3, 2019

It was extremely humid out this morning, though Brownie didn't seem to mind when we were on our walk.  He, of course, had to stop and sniff everywhere along the way so it took a while just to walk up to Yorkshire and back. Understandably I was quite glad to return to the cool house.



Joy stopped by shortly afterward with a birthday card, along with a gift of some of the prickly pear jelly that she whipped up this past weekend.   


After some housework I rewarded myself by opening cards and gifts: essential oil diffuser from Andy & Sandy, socks and a breezy shirt from Marilyn & Don, and two pairs of quilting earrings from Tom.  I wore the shirt and one pair of earrings when I went out to lunch today with Marcie & Wanda.



We had a delightful time together, and spent several hours yakking catching up after my summer away.  In addition to wonderful gifts (scrumptious home-baked brownies from Wanda, and a TOQS gift certificate from Marcie) I got some excellent suggestions for avoiding problems when I start sewing the wedding quilt.  Both of them are 'concerned' that I will run into issues due to my laissez faire attitude toward precision sewing.



While still at lunch I got a birthday call from Andy, who was driving to class.  
I took the opportunity to tell him I was "dropping" torts.


After a stop at home to pop my leftover Asian chicken salad and the brownies into the frig, as well as  feed Brownie his mid-afternoon meal, I decided to check my e-mail before heading to Bookman's.  That's when I got an unexpected e-mail from Louise regarding one of the Busy Bees:

Ladies, it's with sadness than I pass this along. Sandy's husband Tom came through his hip surgery but passed away yesterday in rehab. No services.

No comments:

Post a Comment