Saturday, September 7, 2019

Brownie and I were not the only ones out and about early this morning.  On our walk we ran into Jackie (whose son Casey went to school with Alex) who had "noticed" Alex is in town.  Of course it IS a little hard to miss the RV parked out front.


I got the last borders on quilt, the pool cleaned, the porch hosed off (I've continued scrubbing the mega-grease spot under grill) and then after a shower headed out on my errands.  On the way to the quilt store I popped into the bank to pick up some needed check registers.  Unfortunately they are no longer "out" so I had to wait in line... and with only one window open that took longer than it should have...



At TOQS I found a beautiful batik in a rose pattern "my" colors, so that choice was easy.  


I almost got out of there with a little money left on my GC <g> until I spotted a stunning border fabric on a sample quilt for an upcoming class.  In theory the border fabric isn't for sale yet (Sheri needs it available for anyone who shows up for that class) but she did have an EOB piece willing to sell me. 



While I was there Carol (from Busy Bees) came in for advice on a t-shirt quilt she's doing for a friend, and she admired my quilt.  I also popped into the classroom to check out the ostrich class that was under way.  It's a cute pattern.



When I headed over to The Pig the parking lot was packed from a class over there.  Got to see the two quilts Barb was dropping off, as well as various projects the ladies were working on, and then chose a pattern (roses) and thread (turquoise) for my quilt. 



Then it was off to the Wildflower for lunch with Barb, where in addition to my usual salad I also had a cup of corn-and-green-chili soup that had just the right amount of tang to it.  We gabbed away as we ate, and then back home I "convinced" her to check out my scrap tubs for the bird quilt "Mango in the Mirror" she's making for her daughter.  It's a wonderful photo, and Barb will create a stunning quilt!



Just as she was leaving Alex arrived.  (He'd slept through his alarm this morning so never did make it dove hunting.)  He tried to fix some things on my laptop, and then relaxed in the newly cleaned pool before he attacked the purple bush to finish trimming that for me.  My pool float got a good review: "It's so comfy!"


That bush is so prolific I think it rivals bamboo with its growth spurts, but 
(at least for the time being) it's no longer attacking the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment