Saturday, September 28, 2019

Another much-too-early morning, though at least the past several days haven't been quite so bad.  Need to make a lunch and also pack up stuff for VOS day at The Pig.  (Since I'm hoping to make substantial progress on Elena's wedding quilt I do plan to remember to load my sewing machine into the car this time!)



For a change there's no rain in today's forecast, so maybe the yard will start to dry out?  I'm not sure who will be happier once I can open up the dog door, Brownie or me!  Also not sure what Tom's plans are for today, so I may need to pop home at some point (it's only a block or so) to walk Brownie if he doesn't take care of business before I leave.  No such luck first thing this morning.... 



Alex can't walk Brownie because he's not home.  He needs to be at work (in California) at 8:30 this morning, but there was a concert last night here in town that he REALLY wanted to attend.  After the concert (which he posted on Instagram) he was going to make the drive west.  Of course he just rolled his eyes at me yesterday when I said I'd worry about him (because it's so silly of me to worry about him falling asleep at the wheel?) and would be greatly relieved to hear that he made the drive safely.  


For that reason I asked him to text me upon arrival, and though he said he "might" space out doing that he actually did text me (at 4:45) to let me know he made it there safely, though I missed it because I was out back with Brownie. 

Working all day after very little (or no?) sleep is not something I'd be able to manage, but of course he has youth on his side!

No comments:

Post a Comment