Wednesday, September 4, 2019

On the way to Bookman's yesterday afternoon I stopped off first at the Small Animal Shelter (where I got Brownie) to drop off the bag of puppy food I'd bought by mistake, and also the collar and harness he'd outgrown.  Should have been an easy drive, except that 19th Ave. was blocked off at Hatcher because of an accident.  The detour via 17th was a crawling mess, but I did eventually get there, and the shelter was glad to get the goodies.

At the bookstore I managed to find some of the novels on my list, but despite great help from one of the staff I struck out on the non-fiction books. I see an on-line search in my future.

In the course of the afternoon and evening I received lots more Happy Birthday calls, including from Lisa (caught up on Logan news), Tom (it's so cold there at night he needs a heavy quilt over his sleeping bag), and Marilyn.  Among the calls I missed were ones from Marcela, and Terry, and Mom.

This morning I went to have my car washed, vacuumed, and detailed. It look a lot longer than expected, about 90 minutes, but the car certainly looks a whole lot cleaner now!  Then it was a trip to Winco, and now I’m home for the rest of the day.

Alex called this morning.  He was still a few hours from El Paso, but thought it was still possible he’d make it all the way home by tonight.

Sandy just called with an update regarding Mom’s meeting with the pulmonologist yesterday. Some fluid has been detected in her lungs, but they are monitoring it closely and don’t seem too concerned at this point.  She goes back for another visit later this month, when hopefully the issue will have resolved itself.

My computer will not open this morning, though it definitely seems to have power, and I am still having trouble accessing most of  my cellphone messages.  So going to post this before my iPad gets cranky also.


No comments:

Post a Comment