Saturday, September 7, 2019

Yesterday's "first day back" at the gym went well.  Did legs, and the good news is that I'm not very sore this morning.  Afterward I popped across the street to Sprouts and picked up a watermelon for Alex, and a few other goodies (including strawberries and Olathe corn) for me.



Latina got to visit yesterday afternoon while Marcie and Mike were at the doctor.  Brownie was quite happy to see her - though he was not inclined share his afternoon meal with her.



Since it didn't work out to do any cutting yesterday (though I do have an "appointment" for this afternoon) I tried out my 1/4" foot on a new block that utilizes two fat quarters.  Unfortunately the pattern will only yield three 12" blocks, and (of course) it would be "better" if it made four so I could actually create a little baby quilt from them.


Also got around to (finally) cutting and attaching some borders on one of my UFOs, a Disappearing 4-Patch, using the pretty batik fabric Mary gave me.  This is how far I got before I ran out of steam yesterday, but since I woke up early (4:00) I should have no trouble finishing up this morning.


Today's plan is to pick up some backing at TOQS this morning when it opens at 10 (I can use the birthday GC I got from Marcie) and get it ironed before I rendezvous with Barb at The Pig at 11:30 when she drops off her quilts.  Afterward we have lunch planned, and then after that I have an "appointment" to do some more wedding quilt cutting over at Marcie's.



Grilled some salmon and corn last night (also whipped up some of the Asian salad to go along with it) and had Alex over for dinner. 


He's off dove hunting this morning, so maybe we will be dining on dove tonight?  If not, I do have quite a bit of salmon left over.  Alex had had a late lunch yesterday and thus his appetite was a bit off, so he didn't have his usual seconds.




Got an early morning text from Patti today, at 5:30 - but of course by then I'd already been up for an hour and a half.  She and Gary were heading to the airport for their flight to AZ and she wanted to check with me to see what day this coming week will work for us to get together.  I have lots going on next week, but Thursday was wide open so that's what we'll shoot for.  I know she does have a lot of people to squeeze in during her visit.



Remember the road closure/detour I ran into on Tuesday 
and assumed it was due to a car accident?



Now Brownie and I are off for a morning jaunt around the neighborhood before the sun peeks up over the horizon.  Afternoon temps have plummeted <g> to 108, though it's still very very humid. However next week there are a few days where it's predicted to only make it into the high 90s (!!!) 



Of course then it does ramp up again to more normal triple digits...


No comments:

Post a Comment