Friday, September 27, 2019

Shouldn't <G> take long to finish up the last bit of hand-quilting in the border of Melody's quilt.  (I can work on it at Busy Bees and Foothills, which means the ladies there will get to see her pretty quilt.)   In return, I will receive an embroidered label for Elena's quilt.  She did offer to pay me, but I suggested a trade instead.



Marcie and Latina popped over while Melody was here, and the three of us got to talking about dogs.  Melody has four (and two of them are Great Danes!) and when I showed her Brownie's book she liked it so much she is going to order one.



As predicted, we got still more rain last evening, so it is definitely going to take quite a while for the ground to dry out enough for me to open up Brownie's dog door.  In the meantime it looks like lots of walks for him, which is okay most of the time, just not my favorite thing to do last thing before bed.  



At least last night he took care of all business in a timely fashion.



Saw on the news last night that the I-17 widening project (adding a third lane for the 15 miles between Anthem and Black Canyon City, as well as building flex lanes all the way to Sunset Point) has been funded by the 2020 state budget.  Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring, and at least part of the project is expected to be completed by 2023.  


An extra lane has been long-needed, and should at least help traffic flow between Phoenix and Flagstaff.  ADOT’s longer-term goal is to widen I-17 to three lanes all the way to Flagstaff.  But that project, "only a vision for now", would require separate approval and funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment