Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I turned in a couple of simple charity tops at Foothills this morning.




Marcie was busy this summer, and brought in several of her quilts for Show & Tell.  Silas is going to LOVE his Minecraft quilt!


The dragon on the back is also adorable.



This is her eye-bending wall hanging for which I helped pick out the 8 gradations of red fabrics.  It sure is a stunner!



Marcie's Antelope Canyon quilt turned out wonderful despite the issues with the fabrics that came in the kit.  Too bad the impressive quilting, designed especially for this quilt, doesn't show in my photo.


And look at the pretty fabric she used for the backing.



Love this original quilt of Cheryl's.  
The photographs are women who are her ancestors.



The accuquilt machine is "off limits" for the next several days, though I do have a tentative appointment for Sunday... when it's possible that I could finish cutting with the machine!  


This afternoon I cut out the two sets of squares (sizes for which Marcie doesn't have templates) from the background fabric. Some time before Monday afternoon, when I have carpet cleaning scheduled, I'll need to put everything away so I can fold up my sewing table.  But once the carpet dries (hopefully that won't take too long, despite the high humidity) I can unfold the table again  - and then I WILL BE ABLE TO START SEWING!



 
Patti and Gary were over today, which was a surprise.  However we are still getting together tomorrow as originally planned.  Patti really liked the two dragonfly fabrics I picked up at the Foothills sale today.  



And yes, I also bought "some" fabrics and books for me. <g>

No comments:

Post a Comment