Friday, September 20, 2019

By yesterday afternoon I was more than ready for a nap, but despite valiant attempts <sigh> was not able to actually drift off.  While I did experience somewhat of a second wind in the evening, I was still surprised that I had considerable difficulty falling asleep last night! 


Desperate to log some zzzzzzz, I eventually took a lorazepam (which should have put me out like a light within 15 minutes) so I was confused to find myself still awake an hour later!  Eventually I did drift off, but when I woke up at 2:00 I took another one, yet still ended up awake (too early!) just a few hours later - though I remained in bed and at least semi-dozed for an hour or so.



Maybe this morning, before the gym, I will get Elmo stitched down.  
I knew better than to attempt that yesterday when I was so tired!



Alex has been posting on Instagram, and (of course) looks like he's having a wonderful time in Bimini.  Despite all the storms swirling in the Atlantic (and possible rain predicted for each day) it looks like they've been really lucky with the weather, at least so far.



Houston not so much.  Jeff and his family live in Spring, and when I saw reports of all the people needing rescuing there because of Imelda's huge torrents of rainfall (40"?!) it was worrisome.  


But when I checked,
Priscilla reported that they are safe and dry.



So far this summer our nonsoon has "gifted" us with only .41" of rain, 
though we are getting teased with a forecast of possible rain next week.  


With irrigation scheduled on Tuesday, that would be my prediction 
for the most likely time to see any precipitation.  <g>


No comments:

Post a Comment