Friday, September 6, 2019

Once Alex's last load was in the dryer this morning, around 6:30, Brownie and I went for a walk.  Lots of sniffing and peeing, though he must have already taken care of the "real" business in the backyard.  I stopped at Mimi's driveway to remove a stone from my shoe, and noticed some TINY frogs hopping around.  I could have fit four on them onto my pinky fingernail - though they did not cooperate for a picture with my cellphone.  Brownie never even noticed them, though he was considerably interested in all the bunnies we saw during our walk.



After our walk I decided to take advantage of the morning's "coolness" and fill up the gas tank.  Obviously I was not the only one with that idea, because when I arrived at the station 19 of the 20 pumps were busy... and the one not doing business turned out to be out of order.  


I cleared my trip mileage indicators; this summer I logged twice as many miles as usual, due to all my extra trips (to Salida, Crestone, Alamosa, Parachute.) Sadly I didn't think about checking the summer's mpg until <sigh> right after I'd cleared it.



Tom just called to let me know he's now in Idaho visiting Carlo.  No new date to arrive back here (it's delightfully cool there, so I told him "no rush") but he'll update me the beginning of the week.  He did speak to Wayne (none of us had been able to find any info on Dorian damage in Bimini, which seemed to indicate all was good there) and the trip is a GO!  Alex is really looking forward to it since he had such a wonderful time last year.




Now it's time to get ready to head for the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment