Friday, September 13, 2019

I enjoyed my time with Patti yesterday.  


She was impressed with Cindy's studio when we went over to the Flying Pig to pick up my quilt, and of course also with all the stunning quilts at Marcie's when we stopped by over there after lunch.



The guys joined us for lunch, at Poke.  Patti and Gary had never been to one, but both of them really enjoyed their meals and so I'm pretty sure they will be repeat customers!



After lunch Gary re-installed the driver on my (rather new) printer, though it took considerably longer than either of us expected... and he did say that the process was "not for the faint of heart."  


Now I'm good to go again, at least for the time being.  I can print up my AQG membership card (the previous one expired in June) and with a little luck the printer will still be working when I need to print up my boarding pass next month.



Yesterday I got busy making the binding for the Disappearing 4-patch, and thought that the four strips I cut/joined from the smaller piece of leftover backing was enough.  Guess what I discovered when I sewed it onto the quilt....


Not sure if I'll get around to making/adding the additional piece today (since today is fairly booked up) but certainly before the September 23 "deadline" imposed by Marcie!


Cutting for the wedding quilt is on an indefinite hiatus, but I will surely be able to finish that on the 23rd, when the group of us have a Sew Day planned at Marcie's.



As of this morning Brownie is halfway through his meds, and happily I have been having better luck getting them down his throat.  Still, I definitely won't be sorry when all of his pills are finished!



Another 4:00-ish morning.  Sigh....  


No comments:

Post a Comment