Tuesday, September 10, 2019

When I picked up Brownie last evening he was quite dysphoric (vet tech's translation for me: loopy, leftover from the anesthetic) and didn't even seem to recognize me.  Or else he was just so pissed at me for his miserable day that he didn't want to give me any dog kisses...



She did say that he was a love, and on the paperwork that came home with him I read "Brownie was an excellent patient, and was very sweet!"



Quite a difference between the "before" and "after" photos!  (Don't think they really needed to label the pix, though... LOL)  The tech also pointed out a couple of broken teeth in the photos, though the good news is that the breaks hadn't gotten into the serious part of his teeth so nothing needs to be about them. 



Brownie came home with his regular med refills, as well as two post-op Rx, 
one an antibiotic and the other for pain management.  


Sweet that someone took the time to embellish his name on the bag. 



For the next week or two I'll need to soften his food with water, and did soggy up a small portion as soon as we got home.  He sniffed at it, but didn't seem interested (and then also threw up a tad during the evening.)   Since his meds need to be given with food he got a pass last night, but when I got up this morning (3:45.... sigh!) his bowl was empty.  



The good news is that he does seem more like himself now that the anesthetic has worn off.  He hasn't eaten this morning's breakfast yet, but since he must be hungry I assume that should happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment