Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fun at Busy Bees yesterday... partly because I had something to show: my Disappearing 4-Patch quilt.  Was also happy to see virtually all of the rulers I'd brought in go to their new homes!


Also got some ideas from Betsy for future placemats.  She wonky-set some of her block-of-the-month creations - and I certainly have plenty of orphan blocks that I could use. 




After Peggy shared a tie book she'd found, 
JoAnn showed us a couple of vests she had constructed from ties.


Here's another Joni quilt she made.


This simple quilt showcases a fun fabric 
that she'd picked up recently on the "rehoming" table.



Sharon whipped up this pretty bag 
using a counted cross-stitch project she had "lying around."


Pretty fabrics in this quilt!  (Some of her blocks that didn't make the cut size-wise ended up as mug rugs.)


This one is going to a nurse. 



Carol had a second Halloween panel to gift - 
and had no problem finding it a home!



On my way home I stopped in at the pool store for new duckie thermometer.  But look what I found in a bucket up at the register when I went to pay, so it came home with me instead!


Maybe his iceberg will help cool off the pool?

  


The shelf in Alex's room is slowly filling up.  FYI that large brown box on the lower shelf is filled to the top with miscellaneous snippet strips.  


Found a few quilts in the pile that just need binding, and a larger number of tops that need to be quilted.  All of those are in the stack above the brown box, waiting patiently to be finished.



  Still need to tackle these leftovers in the bathroom, 
but I am making progress.



And speaking of progress - yesterday I finished cutting the rest of the fabric needed for Elena's wedding quilt!  That means I can start sewing Monday when we all get together for another Sew Day at Marcie's. 



I took something around 1:00 this "morning" to go back to sleep after my bathroom run - but woke up again around 3:00 and never could go back to sleep.  



I have nothing "official" on today's agenda, and hope to get a lot done this morning... because I am likely <g> to start dragging in the afternoon.  



Now that it's 6:00 (and light out) Brownie and I are off for our morning walk.  Then it'll be back to work mucking and organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment