Sunday, September 29, 2019

Another fun day at The Pig yesterday, where despite my lack of sleep I did finish up a stack of H blocks (and even got started on the next color!) There were some technical difficulties at first, and after having to rip out every seam (I blamed it on operator error) I finally turned to Marcie for some assistance.  Turns out I was doing everything right (well except for butting up the fabric during the chain piecing) and it was a tension issue.  Once that was fixed I was off and running.



Snapped a couple of giraffes for Mom, 
like this cute baby quilt in the binding stage.




Barb, another giraffe person, swung by in the afternoon 
with a couple of charity tops for Cindy to quilt.


She  also delivered the book her daughter wrote/illustrated (and signed) 
which will be one of Lisa's Chanukah gifts.



100 Women and More
"100 Women and More" is a print book of portraits of inspirational women whose careers advanced Politics, Science, Art and Human Rights all over the globe. Their portraits honor and celebrate these role models and their accomplishments, inspiring us to continue in their footsteps. The original portraits are carefully inked onto wooden oval blocks by the artist Red. Each portrait will be photographed and reproduced for print, along with a short inspirational paragraph about each woman.

Around 3:00 I hit a wall (surprised I lasted that long) and headed home.  I was so exhausted that I almost felt ill, yet still was not able to drift off on the couch in front of the TV.  After dinner I struggled during the early part of the evening, and was very happy when Brownie took care of business around 8:30, basically freeing up my bedtime schedule. So WHY was I still awake at 11:30 last night?  SIGH!!!  Sure didn't think I was going to need any sleep aids to at least fall asleep - but once again, I was wrong!



Today would have been my childhood BFF Bev's 69th birthday. So this morning I called her Mom with an extra hug for her today, and despite the bittersweet anniversary Ann sounded good.  I'm looking forward to lunching with her when I'm in next month. 



Now it's time to get productive!  At the top of my list is sewing the label on Silas' quilt so I can return it to Marcie later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment