Monday, September 16, 2019


I struggled to stay awake last night, and so crashed a little earlier last night than I would have liked. Took a Lunesta after my midnight bathroom run - but still was up for the day at 4:00.


Despite my zombie state yesterday I did manage get everything ready for the carpet cleaners.  After I'd finished vacuuming I even cleaned all the filters.... which REALLY needed it.  Alex made it back from Parker last evening (was not expecting him until some time today) and he moved the smaller couch out of the family room.  (Tom didn't want to do it because he was worried about putting out his back before the Bimini trip.)  Alex offered to move the larger one, which would be nice, but Tom wondered where we would put it!  The rooms now do look a tad bare with  their "extra" furniture removed.  


It's now light out so I can do some more of the never-ending yardwork.  (Tom had mowed the yards on Saturday while I was in Flagstaff.)  When I get too hot I'll come in and attack this pile of fabric (though with the cabinets to the right already chock full, not sure where I'll put it!)



I have a an appointment with Shelley at noon for a much overdue haircut, and then I'm hoping it works to pick up the Offer Up aquarium in Tempe for Terry today since Alex is here to help (and we have a choice of his two vehicles to transport it.)  It's a 65-70 gallon one (what the fairly large two red-eared sliders need) but I was still surprised when Jenn said it weighs 130 pounds!  Assuming it leaves room on Cheryl's van bed for her to sleep, Plan A is for her to drive it to Colorado after her visit here next month.  If not, there are several other plans we're considering. Sure would hate for the turtles to have to wait until Elinor & Richard's trip out here this winter, which is Plan D.  



And last night I got to wondering if Alex can hook us up with one of his zillion friends/acquaintances who might be driving that way - and have room for a "hitchhiker"?  



Or maybe he knows about an App that could help us.


All sorts of possibilities!



No comments:

Post a Comment