Tuesday, September 3, 2019

One of the notices in my stack of mail informed me that the monthly insurance payment for my Medicare supplement policy is going up as of this month - and by my calculations this time it's a 9% increase.  While still affordable to me, the cost has been steadily increasing each year.  At some point the constant annual rate hike will price many seniors out of affordability.



When I went out to clean the pool yesterday Creepy was clogged up with leaves.  Unfortunately after I pulled out out what I could see he still won't work - so all I could do was seine the floating leaves, and sweep the dirt on the bottom into a "pile" for when someone (either the pool guy Wednesday, or Alex later this week) can help me get Creepy working again.  While the pool is no longer sparkling and inviting, at least it doesn't look quite this bad....



Sunday evening's windstorm had also blown off two of Alex's truck tire covers, thought luckily yesterday I noticed and rescued them from the yard before they could disappear in the next wind - and then re-covered the tires.  Guess Alex hadn't tied them down when he put them back on his truck before he left last time? 



Of course I was really dragging by late afternoon yesterday, so no real surprise that I ended up taking a lengthy nap from 6-8.  Because of that I then managed to stay awake until 10:00, when (in the interest of a good night's sleep) I took a Lunesta, and so slept in until 7:30!



Alex just called to wish me a Happy Birthday.


I was surprised he was up so early (even though it's a little later there in Austin) before he heads to the lake with friends.  I'm guessing that their activity level will be a little more exciting than this photo....



Now going to take Brownie for a neighborhood walk before it gets too warm. 
I know he's missed going for walks since we've been back! 



Then I'll see about getting some more things done around the house this morning.  Did do some much needed sweeping and mopping yesterday, which helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment