Tuesday, September 24, 2019

In the interest of getting a solid night's sleep last night I dosed myself around 10:00, and shortly after 10:30 was asleep.  


While I did wake in the wee hours, I fell right back asleep until about 5:00.  Lots I want to get done today (Tom and Alex are scheduled to arrive home late tonight, and there are things that I'd like to get taken care of before then) so it's nice that I'm not starting out the day tired.



At first light this morning (since it wasn't raining) I headed out back to set the irrigation gates and thus be ready for our water this afternoon.  With the ground nice and soggy from yesterday's rain I then took the opportunity to do some weeding back there in places irrigation doesn't reach and is also difficult to mow, like up against the back block wall.  I did made serious inroads (and the horses in the adjoining pasture now have some piles of greenery to snack on) though of course it's absolutely absurd to think that I will EVER catch up and end up weed-free.



Brownie helped out - mostly by not disappearing.  When my back had had enough weeding my next chore was cleaning the pool, somewhat of a mess after yesterday's storm.  On the plus side, Creepy was actually still running, so after I swept the sides/bottom and skimmed the top I left him to continue doing his thing.  


Brownie, of course, had picked up "some" mud in his paws cruising around with me this morning. I had anticipated that, and at least had remembered to block off the dog door this morning so he couldn't redistribute any of the mud inside.  When it was time to come back inside he was not thrilled about having his feet dipped in the water on the top step and cleaned off, though I will say he was considerably less frantic about the entire process than he has been in the past.  Maybe he's finally figured out it's 'no big deal'?  



It has surprised me that ever since Brownie fell in the pool a few weeks ago (which seriously freaked him out!) he seems a lot more comfortable around the pool.  Maybe the "worst" had happened, and he survived?  Reminds me of one of my experiences several decades ago during a raft trip down the Colorado, when I finally got brave enough to be part of the crew on the tiny raft - and Sockdolager Rapid "ate" me.  I came through just fine (obviously!) and after that I was less scared, so much so that I even volunteered to crew on the little raft later through Lava Falls (!!!)  However, as we were heading down the tongue into the jaws of that monster I was SERIOUSLY rethinking that decision! 

No comments:

Post a Comment