Monday, September 9, 2019

This afternoon I finished the last batch of blue rectangles - 



and then got the stack of 163 squares cut from the background fabric 
before my back said "enough" standing at the machine.  



Now I need to cut a set of 294 rectangles, 1.5 x 3.5, and then a set of 196  rectangles, 1.5 x 6.5, though not sure if either one of those will happen tomorrow between my schedule and Marcie's.  Still, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with respect to cutting, my least favorite step in the process!



While I was over there Melody dropped off a quilt of Marcie's that she'd bound, and turns out she has one of her own UFOs that needs the final border hand-quilted.  No one in any of her groups wanted to do that for her (even though she does expect to pay for the service) so it looks like I'll have a "job" later this Fall once I get back from Maryland.  Melody does custom embroidered labels, so I see a possible trade in my future!



Tom called this afternoon to say he was leaving Idaho tomorrow, likely driving all the way home in one day.  Of course unpacking will be a little less convenient since we get irrigation tomorrow and he'll have to come in the front instead of cutting across the backyard - but at least the temps will only be in the 90s for the next several days.  (He mentioned that Winter has already set in there!)



Of course because we're getting irrigation tomorrow is anyone surprised that it sounds like we are finally going to get some rain tonight? 


Rain is virtually always welcome here (though the timing could be better...) but now that I've finally gotten the pool sparkling clean I was hoping it would stay that way for a while.  So here's hoping the wind doesn't make a mess of it!



The vet had called to let me know that Brownie's x-rays show 3 lower teeth have lost at least 50% of the bone in their sockets (and they were loose) so those needed to come out.  Though the vet mentioned which ones, I'm not sure where they are - but he did say Brownie will come home looking like a hillbilly.



Just now heard from the vet again.  He wanted to let me know that Brownie's surgery went well; he is now waking up from the anesthetic and should be ready to go home between 6 and 6:30. Though he is not likely to be feeling his best I'm sure he will be thrilled to get in the car to come home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment