Thursday, March 21, 2019

Yesterday we had a most enjoyable visit with Anita & Dan. 
Time spent with friends is time well spent! 


The ballgame (between the Milwaukee Brewers and the San Diego Padres) was a lot of fun.  We had wonderful seats, the weather cooperated, and what started as a pretty low-key game got pretty exciting at the end.  


Back at the house Anita enjoyed looking at many of my quilts.  She also "pointedly" pointed out my fabric stash to Dan, which apparently dwarfs (and thus "okay"s) her admittedly sizeable scrap-booking supply stash! 



I did hear my Brownie alarm on my cell phone go off at 3:00 despite the stadium noise, but knew he wouldn't go hungry because Marcie was going over to feed him right on schedule.  


Even with a full belly he was still quite happy to see me return home!  



We did end up leaving him again later when the four of us went to dinner at George and Son.  That was as delicious as always, and Anita and Dan approved of my dining choice.



I did miss hearing a text alert on my phone yesterday, so didn't see Andy's message until the evening when I went to make a call.  Mom had been released from the hospital and is now in the rehab facility over at Riderwood. 



Andy is going over to visit Mom today, and he may get some idea of how long they expect it to be until she can return to her apartment.  I'm sure she's hoping that she gets to go home soon!


I tried calling her this morning (around 10 her time) but there was no answer.  


She may have been out of the room doing PT, or (as has sometimes been the case) the phone wasn't where she could reach it from her bed.



Up since 3:00 this morning <sigh> so I was already awake when the storm - a flash of lightning, a roll of thunder, and then a brief downpour - arrived in the wee hours before dawn.   It did turn into a nice day, and once it got late enough I was able to run several errands.  Most importantly, I picked up the Book Club read at the library so I can get going on that.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment