Friday, March 15, 2019

Yesterday Marcie and I dropped off our show quilts at 35th Ave. (which certainly beats schlepping over to Mesa!)  I don't remember them checking all three labels and then us having to fill out forms in previous years, but understand that they are doing everything they can so that no quilt gets lost or misplaced!  And guess what?  Despite seeing lots of stunning fabrics that would love to join my stash, I actually left without buy any! 



Next stop was TOQS, where I behaved myself and only shopped the sale shelf for gray fat quarters for LRC at next month's Sewcial.  Marcie needed some extra-wide backing fabric, and one of the  ones that Sherri brought over was a stunning garden scene really too nice for  'just" a backing!



By the time Tyga arrived in the early afternoon, most of what little water had made it to the backyard had mostly soaked in so the dogs got to run around without getting very muddy.  (Still, I had placed a towel inside the dog door on which they could wipe their paws before reaching the nearby carpet.)


It was no surprise that there was a lot of sniffing (and humping) but there wasn't much actual playing until later that evening when eventually they got into a rousing game of tag out back, taking turns being the pursuer.  Now if we could only teach Pokey to get with the program...

https://youtu.be/Uz0sT94RXRk

The pooches are in a similar size range, though Tyga is considerably heftier, about twice Brownie's weight.  Of course I had planned to take lots of pix of their playdate -


but my camera was not cooperating yesterday; the shutter button kept sticking.


When it was time for them to have dinner, both pooches scarfed theirs down, obviously worried that the other one would try to appropriate it.  

https://youtu.be/y_ib_1WbIXQ

Yesterday marked two weeks that Brownie has been with us, and after the first few days he had relaxed and was eating much more sedately.



Alex wanted to take some grapefruit back to the office in California with him. When the pole picker proved to be too slow he climbed up inside the tree where he discovered mega-sized fruit to toss down to Tom and Aja to bag.




While he filled up four large bags, we still have plenty, Marilyn!



No surprise that I started dragging in the early evening, though of course it was vital to stay awake until a reasonable hour if I didn't want to be up at 3:300 again.  So Tom and I caught up on our recorded Jeopardy programs.  Despite my sleep-deprived state my brain managed reasonably well, though of course there were answers I could "see" but just not bring up the name in time.  Still I continue to be amazed at the frequency of some "basic common knowledge" questions that I would expect "everyone" to know yet none of them do.
-
  
Naturally with the age difference there are always a lot of entertainment questions (re music, movies, books, etc.) geared to the younger generations about which I am clueless.  



Though I was up a little before 5:00 this morning (was thrilled to be able to fall back asleep after my 3:30 visit to the bathroom!) I waited until 6:00 this morning (9:00 back home) to call Mom in the hospital and get her take on the current health situation.


Though I let the phone ring for a LONG time there was no answer.  Of course Mom could have been in the bathroom, or asleep and just didn't hear the phone.  


Will try again - but may have to wait
until Andy & Sandy's visit with her today for an update.






No comments:

Post a Comment