Saturday, March 30, 2019

Jim was a no-show at the gym yesterday, which was a first - and quite strange since during Tuesday's workout he had mentioned that we would be back at 'our' gym by Friday and I'd get to see the renovations.  (The "new" gym does look nice.)   


He had said that he would have to go in on Thursday (one of his days off) to access the computer and move all of his clients back to our regular gym - but for some reason I was not on Friday's schedule.  I did some cardio on the elliptical and then left.  



Mary brought me (and Marcie and Cindy) daffodils as thank you gifts for the help we've given her.  That was totally unnecessary, but a very sweet gesture nonetheless.  


No surprise that she was extremely happy with Cindy's quilting; the yellow was perfect (and as we had told her, not nearly as in-your-face as it looks on the spool) so Mary was glad she'd let us twist her arm about that.  


Then after I trimmed up the quilt 
she experienced a serious WOW moment...



Back here I attached the binding, with her help; she caught on quickly with regard to how to fold the corners.  Marcie arrived just as we were finishing up that step and thus was able to do the pressing tutorial.  Now I see how she gets such spectacularly pristine corners, and my next quilt would make Dad proud!



At 5:00 yesterday I tried to reach Mom via phone again - twice!  NO ONE answered the Arbor Ridge switchboard, and after 30 rings (on the second attempt yes I counted) the call cut off.  Very frustrating, and Mom must think I've forgotten all about her.  


At least she soon should be receiving my newsy letter.



Alex had arrived home from California while the three of us were working on Mary's quilt, and later he joined me at the end of my walk with Brownie.  I had headed up 37th Ave. thinking it would be fun for Brownie to "meet" the various animals at Sara's (the goats did come over to the fence to say hello) and then the mini horses up closer to Yorkshire.  But it was a struggle at first since he was not cooperative, and kept flopping down on the ground and rolling onto his back.  Still waiting for him to realize that going on walks is fun, with all sorts of sniffing opportunities!



After the walk Alex and Brownie and I drove up to Marcie's to pick up the funky board in their backyard, which turned out to be pretty perfect for closing off the eye-level gap in the NW corner of the Back 40.  I do fully realize that the entire east side of the yard is 'open' to the horse pasture, but at least I can see if Brownie scoots under the fence there - and could even crawl under myself if need be to go collect him.  My biggest worry about the gap the board has now closed off is that the street is right on the other side of that fence, and I had no way to get out there to protect him!


  After Alex placed the board 
he and Brownie had a great time playing chase in the Back 40 field.  


Too bad I didn't have my camera to take a video, 
but Alex will be home for a few days so I should get another chance.


After dinner I finished binding the rest of Marcie's quilt, and can give it back to her this morning (not quite the same turn-around time as she did on my curtains) when we head over to an estate sale.  The sale includes "thousands of quilt-store quality fabrics" at $5/yard.  And while it's not that I need any more fabric, who can resist shopping a sale like that? 



Up before 4:00 this morning, and by 5:00 I'd quit trying to fall back asleep.  My eyes feel gritty, so I don't expect to feel like working on my quilt today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment