Monday, March 4, 2019

Yesterday morning I raked out back (with Brownie doing a fine job supervising) so as soon as the cans are emptied this morning I can fill them right back up.  


It's 'that time of year', and our neighborhood has been filled with the sights and sounds of people doing yardwork.



Yesterday I bought my plane ticket for the trip to Maryland in May, 
now only 2 months away.  


Hope Mom is doing her "homework", making lists of places to go and people to see, as well as things she needs me to do around the apartment.



And speaking of trips, I got an e-mail from Terry yesterday wondering when I'm coming to the hot springs this summer.  


Since I stay for an extended period of time I always worry about wearing out my welcome, but it sounds like she (and her mom) are hoping my arrival is sooner rather than later.  Also sounded that way when Elinor called the other day, wanting to know when I'll be arriving - and offering a bed at their place (just a few miles away) in case Terry runs out of rooms at some point during the summer. 


 Terry's backyard fence had to come down for construction of the house addition for Hilda, so that could be an issue when Brownie and I arrive - though I will gladly help in its reconstruction. 



Yesterday's lunch at Las Glorias with Marcie, Wanda, and Perri 
was delightful (as usual) and delicious (as usual.)   


I "traded" Wanda cat coupons for some of her scrumptious fudge; 
obviously I came out WAY ahead on that one!  


Marcie had a wardrobe addition for me, a tee in very pretty spring colors of yellow and green that had gotten too short for her.  I plan to wear it today.  :-) 

  

Perri hadn't been able to locate her roving, though she figured (per Murphy's Law) she would likely find it as soon as she returned home after lunch.  She did bring the Artful Log Cabin book to share with us.  Each page shows how a photograph was creatively turned into stunning a log cabin quilt.  I LOVED IT, and need to order a copy of my own.  



Also learned that Perri had done a face plant at the Sewing Expo (same one I went to when I was attending the dog show with Marilyn last month) when her walker caught something on the asphalt.


She ending up spending that night in ICU because they thought she had a brain bleed!  Luckily that was not the case, though her horrible bruising has just now faded.  Marcie's face is bruised from her Thursday night fall (she passed out when she got up too quickly!) and Dick, our 92-year-old across-the-street neighbor, took a nasty fall and badly bruised the entire side of his face.



I arrived home right on schedule at 2:00 to rescue Brownie from the bathroom, though Tom had taken him out as requested.  Very happy to report that there still have been no more accidents, and I'd like to keep him on his current path to success!  Still not comfortable leaving him alone in the backyard, though of course that will happen.



An hour later I left again for brief run over to Lula Roe, where I found leggings to go with my new  tunic.  Brownie was THRILLED to see me return, literally jumping up into my arms.  (I see a trick in the making...)



Tom and I played some Rummikub last night (after I mucked off my sewing table) since I need to get back up to speed before visiting Mom.  (I did win both games...)


When I looked around for my little shadow, instead of being parked by my chair I found him perched proudly on the couch. (I was telling Mom just yesterday morning about how well-behaved Brownie has been, and she piped up that 'once he felt comfortable' we might see different behavior.... LOL)



Brownie and I had a brief discussion... 



Brownie chose not to sleep in his new dog bed on Friday night, but did curl up into it on Saturday and Sunday nights.  And after our 5:00 backyard visit this morning he marched in, headed straight to the bedroom, and plopped right back into it.  Since I'm still keeping the bedroom doors closed during the day (to keep him off carpets until I can be sure he's totally housebroken), I have been moving his sleeping quarters (first his blanket and then the bed) next to my chair.  After we came in from my morning hot tub soak, here's where he went:



His diarrhea has lessened considerably *YAY* but a cough developed over the weekend *BOO*  An introductory visit to the vet is on tap for 4:00 today, and hopefully the cough isn't anything serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment