Sunday, March 17, 2019


This just came in from my brother:

I just spoke with mom's hospitalist.  Basically good news. The infection has been identified as MSSA, an organism that responds well to antibiotics. It is both in her lungs and in her blood. Based on the tests to date, there is a 90% chance that the lung is the source of the infection (i.e., pneumonia). To rule out the remaining 10% chance that it is in her heart muscle, they will be doing a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) tomorrow morning which is a more detailed picture of the heart and will allow them to identify whether there is infection there. Assuming that is negative, as is likely, she will be discharged to home or rehab in next several days. Happy to hear more from the medical professionals on this distribution list.  PS: She does not have a bladder infection.



In other good news, my sewing machine seems to be happier after Ellen's attention yesterday and worked just fine this morning.  So now all four placemats are blanket-stitched and ready to be wrapped and packaged for mailing tomorrow.    


Don't think the Birthday Girl visits my blog, but "just in case" I'm waiting to post pix until they arrive at their destination (unfortunately 'not likely' in time for tomorrow's birthday....LOL)



The rest of my morning was also productive.  I did a little mucking of my sewing area (more needed, though), paid some bills, juiced oranges, swept the front porch and driveway, mowed the backyard, etc.  I was pleased that Brownie stayed well out of the way of the mower, though he did 'escape' when I was bringing it into the yard.  He acted like he wanted to run off and explore, but a sharp reprimand from me brought him right back.  Good dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment