Sunday, March 10, 2019

I had the usual delightful time at the Sewcial yesterday, though we had a smaller-than-usual group due to illness.  Barb (my roomie from January's Susan Carlson class in Tucson) made it up from Awatuckee to meet Cindy and drop off a couple of tops to be quilted. We all absolutely loved the one she'd made for her son-in-law, and found it extremely difficult to understand why her daughter doesn't like it!)  



Barb won one of the pig races, 
and took home this happy pin cushion as her prize.


She had brought along her finished Brian & Vinnie collage 
to share with the ladies.




When Barb mentioned that she needed some black/gray/white variegated thread for another project, we popped over to TOQS - after I first called Sherri to make sure she had some in stock.  (She did... in fact she had 4 spools from which to choose.)  Barb, a giraffe lover like Mom, also picked up some of that same gold & silver giraffe fabric I used in Mom's placemats.

  

Barb enjoyed her day with us so much she's planning to attend more of the monthly Sewcials when her schedule allows.  It is definitely a schlep across the valley for her, but obviously it's worth it.  


When it was time to leave she came by the house to meet Brownie, 
who (of course) she found adorable and delightful. 



Mary brought in this lovely Log Cabin, 
in a setting I'd never seen before, to be quilted.  



Here we are playing LRC for the pink fat quarters -


and Marcie ended up the winner.  



There was a general consensus that my pile of scraps was bright and happy, and so it made Cindy chuckle when I was pawing through it looking for 'something bright'.  


With all the socializing, eating, game-playing, and the quick hop over to Sherry's, I didn't get quite as much sewing done as I'd hoped - but at least one placemat is ready to be squared up and quilted.



Last night I got most of the sleeve attached before I faded, so I should have no trouble finishing that up this morning; the plan is to block it over at Marcie's this afternoon.  I've never blocked a quilt before and thus have no idea how long it will take, and glad Marcie is going to walk me though the process.  It should help that it's a small piece.  

Show quilts and those that are to be hung can benefit from blocking. Wavy edges and other slight distortions will disappear and the quilt will hang perfectly flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment