Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Wally likes to play ball and frisbee - and Brownie soon caught on to the game.  Here they are taking a short rest break.


It's fun to watch Brownie zooming after the ball, and it's a game I will be able to play with him from the comfort of my lawn chair!





We tried Brownie out on the first step of the pool.  



Later Alex gave Brownie his first bath.  Though not thrilled with the procedure, Brownie behaved admirably.  Now he's even more handsome - and smells better, too.



This afternoon I went with Marcie to pick up her pink quilt, and bumped into Mary B. as she was dropping off a heart top, in blues and yellows, to be quilted.  Only the second quilt she's made, it's for a close friend getting ready for an intense year of chemo.  Cindy, Marcie and I convinced her to step out of her comfort zone and go with a bright and cheery yellow thread.  She still needed fabric for binding, so I talked her into 'shopping' at Bobbi's Boutique, where we found a perfect yellow floral.  I showed her how to join the strips on the diagonal, and once the quilt is ready for binding I'm going to give her a tutorial on that.  Marcie and I twisted her arm to use Marcie's AccuCut, and of course (like everyone else) Mary was impressed with Marcie's quilting room. She definitely appreciated our input and instruction; but since I'm appreciative of all the help I've gotten on my quilting journey, I'm more than happy to be able to pass along what I know. 



Lately I noticed some yellow on the bird-of-paradise plant out front and thought some of the leaves were dying.  Turns out I'm getting my first blooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment