Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Brownie is not doing too well this morning.



I was waiting to start him on his antibiotics on a full stomach this morning, but he won't eat.  He even refused a high-value liver treat when I took him out to pee.  He also feels warm. (He was running a fever at the vet yesterday of 103 but his body didn't seem warm to the touch then.)  And his cough sounded awful this morning, though that has settled down.  Still, I'm a worried Mom!



As soon as the vet opened at 7:30 I gave them a call, hoping there was an antibiotic shot we could give him to jump-start the healing process, but unfortunately that's not the case.  I gave Brownie his first dose of meds without food in his stomach, as directed, and would love to see him perk up.  The vet did say that a chest x-ray would be the next step.



FYI He did poop in the bedroom last night, but of course I didn't have the heart to reprimand him this morning.  When you're sick you get a free pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment