Friday, March 29, 2019

I stayed awake until 10:30 last night reading.  (Anyone impressed?)   I'm about 3/4 of the way through Becoming Mrs. Lewis, and should have it finished by Book Club coming up next Wednesday.  Can't say I'm really enjoying it, though. 

After the usual the nightly bathroom run, I was able to fall back asleep, and next thing I knew it was 6:00 this morning!  Naturally that made me extremely happy - and means I should be able to get lots done today...



Yesterday morning I cruised over to Mary's to hand over Yolanda's owl panel (which Mary agreed is beyond adorable!) and see her log cabin quilt now that it's quilted.  As lovely as it was before quilting, it's even better now; quilting makes the quilt!


It was funny to hear her say that Cindy had talked her into using a shiny copper thread (out of her comfort zone) but it was a good choice, and she's thrilled with how it looks.


Mary showed me some wonderful note cards, with photos of various quilts, that she had received recently as a gift.  She thought that idea could be a good money maker for Foothills, so I'm going to look into Vistaprint and see if they have something that would work for a project like that.


While in her quilting room I got to admire some of her projects in progress (always fun!) and gave my opinion (yes, I virtually always have one... lol) on color/fabric choices for placemats she's going to make from some owl fabric I found for her last year.



Marcie brought over the pink quilt when she and Latina came over yesterday, and I got half of it stitched before I faded last night; I hope to get much of the rest of it done before I head to the gym this morning.  Latina made great strides with regard to being comfortable around Brownie, and he in turn seems to be learning to be less rambunctious around her.



Then the four of us walked back to their house together ( Latina was an excellent model for Brownie, trotting right along) so I could borrow Marcie's design wall for my scrap quilt, tentatively named Blue Cosmos. Happy to report that Marcie agreed with my thoughts with regard to the size sashing to put around the shadow border.


Forgot my camera, so this photo from my flip phone will have to suffice.  


Again the dogs did quite well together, and with another month of 'training' available to us we have the expectation that all will go well when Brownie needs to be  "boarded" there in May.



I got an e-mail from Mary B last night that her heart quilt was done and ready to be picked up today! Cindy, knowing the special circumstances and time constraints, had moved her quilt to the top of the list!  (Cindy also tweaked my place in line last December, when I needed Marilyn's quilt back so I could get it bound and in the mail before I left to visit Mom.)  I immediately sent Cindy a thank you message to let her know how much we appreciate how she well she takes care of us, and here's her reply:

Thanks so much, Bobbi. 
While all quilts are important, some are especially important.  
I try hard to take care of those. 


I'm going to meet Mary over at The Pig to help her trim up her quilt (Cindy's oversize cutting table makes that much easier) and then we'll come back here so I can help her with the various steps of binding.  Lynn goes into the hospital for her lengthy treatment stay on Thursday, and with a little luck Mary will be able to gift her the quilt before then.



Yesterday was Tyga's 7th birthday.

 
He celebrated by playing at the lake right outside Aja's apartment.


Here's a pic from his visit earlier this month:



Still haven't been able to reach Mom via phone.  I did try yet again last night (8:00 her time, as she suggested), and let it ring "forever".  At least she'll soon get the nice newsy 2-page letter I mailed yesterday.  



Now to get my day started.


No comments:

Post a Comment