Friday, March 1, 2019

Alex brought over dinner last night, a delicious chicken dish he'd been crocking all day, and Brownie didn't beg at all.  Brownie also has shown no inclination to get up on the furniture, another plus in my book.  This morning he romped around outside, 'sort of' chasing the little frisbee, and also played with his squeaky toy this morning, looking adorable chasing it and then carrying it around.  So truly the only issue to work on at the moment is the housebreaking.  



When I went to the gym I sequestered Brownie in the bathroom (with his blanket, toy, and a bowl of water) and happily there were no presents waiting for me in there when I got home.  Marcie and Latina came over soon thereafter, and of course he was much more interested in Latina than she was in him.  Maybe she will eventually warm up to this interloper in 'her' park?  


Marcie pronounced Brownie adorable and healthy, and agrees that he's most likely a chihuahua/Pomeranian mix.  She also gave me a very helpful hint for getting Brownie to walk on the leash.  Maybe once he starts going on exciting walks around the neighborhood he will come to love seeing the leash come out.



We did finally get to hear him bark, when I popped into the house to get something to show Marcie and he didn't make it to the door in time to go inside with me.  If it was the result of separation anxiety I guess that means he's bonded with me!



After they left we made a trip to PetSmart, where Brownie was a major hit with everyone.  He approved of a cuddly blue bed, though is less impressed with his new bone-shaped dog tag.  My free welcome kit came with a booklet of coupons, including one for a free 1/2 hour training session.  So we are now scheduled for that, with Abby, on Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment