Wednesday, March 13, 2019

After the gym yesterday I had several errands to run.  First order of business was a trip to the post office to mail some tax stuff.  The parking lot was surprisingly empty, and my first thought was that it was a holiday I had forgotten about.  When I got inside, there was NO line (when has that ever happened?) and several windows open!  



Next it was over to the Deer Valley Community Center to vote.  Again there was NO line (and the only place I would ever "like" to see a line!) so again I was in and out in just a few minutes. 



My last stop was the library (to drop off an unrenewable book and pick up one on hold) before heading home to rescue Brownie, who was sequestered in the bathroom because he still was not "cooperating".



Mary came over to visit in the afternoon.  Of course she was instantly smitten with Brownie (and also approved of the placemats.)  Marcie joined us a little later, and tried to trouble shoot tension on my sewing machine.   When I sew fast the stitches are miniscule, and when I sew slowly I get large stitches.  Obviously time for a tune-up!



At 2:00 the three of us walked Brownie... who FINALLY took care of business!  (Wish I could go 18 hours without peeing....)



Alex joined us for dinner (Tom had been having a hankering for Panda Express) and before we left we took Brownie outside.  Alex raced around with him, and of course Brownie just loved playing that game.  He also cracked Alex up by leaping up into my arms.  Though it wasn't Brownie's best performance, there is video that I will share once Alex remembers to send it to me.



After dinner I worked on Alex's new black/yellow checked flannel shirt.  No surprise it had been on clearance, because for some reason it had a wide burgundy/green striped ribbon attached down the length of each sleeve, shoulder to wrist.  



The four seams weren't difficult to remove with my seam ripper, just time consuming.  And now Alex has a nice new shirt to wear, possibly today since he's heading up to Flagstaff for a day of  snowboarding.  An e-mail this morning informed me that Snowbowl got another 11 inches of powder overnight, for a total of 17 inches in the past 48 hours.    



I got the binding attached on two of the placemats yesterday, and (since I've been up since 4:30) I have more than enough time this morning before heading off to Foothills to get the other two done.  Then I'll have plenty of hand-stitching to do during this morning's meeting.  



Of course tomorrow is the day I'd "like" to be up at 4:30 to monitor irrigation and see if the higher box is now tall enough to keep the water contained.  (I assume irrigation is not going to be cancelled even though we got a fair amount of rain yesterday, creating a small lake outside the back gate between our place and Alex's.)



Murphy's Law strikes again.  Thursday is when Aja and Tyga fly into town for a long weekend, and will be over for a visit that day before Alex heads back to California EARLY Friday "morning".  By then Brownie will have been on his antibiotics for over 10 days, meaning the pooches will be able to play together, so it's too bad the yard will be under water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment