Saturday, March 30, 2019

There certainly was a lot of fabric available for us to paw through this morning, even though the sale had apparently opened earlier than 10; when we arrived, right on time, we saw piles of it already purchased and heading to cars.  


I "only" bought 27 yards, virtually all brights of course; Marcie came home with 52 yards, mostly blender fabrics that read as solids which she needs for an upcoming project.



Driving home I spied a small craft show in a church parking lot, so on the spur of the moment we stopped in.  I ended up finding various wonderful birthday gifts for Mom, Marilyn, and Wanda.  Love when I have the perfect item on hand and don't need to go shopping at the last minute just to find something.



I was definitely dragging by afternoon, 
and actually took a little catnap on the couch at one point.  



Tom asked if I would grill the steaks for dinner "since I do a better job".... (?!) and that was fine with me.  Turns out I grabbed the package of beef ribs (meant for the crockpot) instead of the package with actual steaks (which I never saw.)  So dinner was little tough.



Mary passed on going to the fabric sale with us today so she could work on binding her quilt, and this afternoon she finished it.  Her labor of love turned out lovely, and of course will mean a lot to her friend Lynn.



This evening Tom and I caught up on a few recorded Jeopardy episodes, and I got one of the Final Jeopardy correct when none of them did.  It always makes me feel good when that happens!

19th CENTURY AMERICANS

Though he became a Cabinet Secretary & Chief Justice, 
once he wanted to change his name because of its "awkward, fishy" sound

No comments:

Post a Comment