Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Yesterday I worked on my scrap quilt, stitching together the side rows for the next border.  Today I hope to get at least some of the borders attached.  (I'm certainly up early enough; I woke just before 4:00, and finally stopped trying to fall back asleep at 5:00.)



Yesterday being Monday I had to wait to take my soak until after the pool guy came/left.  Snapped this pic (through the slats, with my cellphone) of Brownie relaxing in the yard.



Then I popped over to The Pig to see Margaret, who was there with her EPP group.  Also got to see Marcie's pink quilt on the frame.  Cindy was ripping out one row that hadn't stitched up correctly - 


but the rest was looking great!


I saw later in the day that the errant row had since been redone, and assume Marcie will pick up her quilt today.  Yesterday at Modern Quilts she bought some pink fabric for the binding (and a "few" other things...!) 


On Sunday, Mary had brought a plant for Marcie's gift, and tucked in the 3 pink fat quarters that hadn't made it to this month's Sewcial where Marcie won the ones she used for this happy quilt.  Too late... by then Marcie's quilt was already finished and at Cindy's for quilting.



Forgot to mention that I found out on Sunday that Mary and Jack were also at the baseball game on Wednesday.  Would have been fun to bump into them there.



After lunch yesterday I headed over to Scottsdale to pick up our taxes (big bite this year!) and of course I "had to" stop in at Modern Quilts just a block away.  Ended up getting some fabric from under the sale umbrella to make replacement curtains for the laundry room; the morning sun just blasts through the windows.  It's supposed to hit 90 this week, and though spring has just started the summer heat is not far off.



Alex called yesterday to let me know that his work schedule had changed almost hourly.   So instead of heading back to Mexico to work more of Spring Break he was heading home for a couple of days and expected to arrive before midnight last night.  


Now that it's light out I can see the Rockstar van parked out back and know that he made it home safely.  Will be great to see him, and he will get to have some of the leftover brisket after all.



Speaking of leftover brisket, was had company for dinner last night.  Wally (a handsome standard poodle) and his 'dad' Bruce stopped in on their way back to Tucson.  Brownie, however, was NOT a gracious host, snarling and trying to attack Wally when he came in the house.  I ended up isolating Brownie in the bedroom for a bit, where naturally he cried piteously.  After a bit we went out back with the pooches, and Wally (who had been taking Brownie's histrionics in stride) put Brownie in his place when he attempted to mount him.  After that there was a truce.



Unfortunately when the guys went out to the shop (and took Wally with them) Brownie wanted out so badly that he figured out how to push the noodle and escape through the gap by the gate.  So we will need to do something different there.



No comments:

Post a Comment