Monday, March 25, 2019

Saturday at the quilt show was not nearly as crowded as Sunday, which made viewing the quilts a lot easier.  Linda and I had a great time though my back was complaining by the end of the day.  Not sure if it was because of a second day of being on my feet, or (more likely) my limping has put a strain on different parts of my body.  And by Sunday it was my hammie instead of my ankle that was talking to me.



We got home right about 3:00, fed Brownie, and then walked up to Marcie's so Linda could see their house (and, like the rest of us, drool over her sewing rooms!)  Brownie still isn't quite with the program as far as taking a walk, but he definitely feels comfortable once he gets there.  That's a good thing since he is going to be hanging out there for part of May!



The party here yesterday was an unqualified success, though we turned out to be only 8; Rick was home sick in bed, and Mike wasn't feeling up to a party either.  Tom's brisket was scrumptious, and all the side dishes everyone brought (apple slaw, deviled eggs, green bean & walnut salad, cheese & broccoli casserole) were delicious and perfect go-togethers for our feast.  NOBODY went home hungry!  Marcie got wonderful gifts (including a needle holder, plant, leaf bowl, and a gift certificate to our favorite quilt store) and I'm sorry I didn't grab my camera to take pictures.  Maybe you heard us roaring with laughter as she read each of the 8 subversive pens?  



If you scroll over the pens in the link below, you can read 'em and laugh, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment