Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Didn't get off to a roaring start this morning sewing bindings... <g> 



At least I got that sorted out rather easily, so by the time I headed to Foothills all four placemats were ready for hand-stitching.  I managed to finish one before taking photos of Ellen's program: using two blocks (in this case a 9-patch or 4-patch, and a snowball) to create a secondary pattern.  While she had made an amazing number of iterations, of course the possibilities are truly endless. 
Our "homework" is to whip up something to bring to the May meeting.  Unfortunately I'll miss that meeting, though I may still make up a little something. I particularly liked this pattern, though have an idea for an "adjustment" of my own, snowballing the center block of the 9-patch to create a smaller white block on point.  




After a brief stop at home (I walked Brownie while Marcie confirmed that my stitch issue is because my feed dogs are stuck partway down) she and I lunched at the Johnny Rockets over by Target. I'd been craving a burger, so the coupons that came in yesterday's mail (buy one burger, get one free) were greatly appreciated.  We thoroughly enjoyed our cheeseburgers and onion rings, and the oldie music (yes, I knew all the words) brought back lots of memories.
  


Then I spent a lazy afternoon at home.  Since I was feeling a little draggy (up too early again) instead of sewing I vegged out catching up on some of my recorded programs until Marcela called and we had a nice long chat.  



In the GOOD NEWS DEPT:
Brownie has used the dog door to go OUT a couple of times this afternoon, which is great news.  I went out to see what was on his agenda.  Unfortunately instead of peeing he was more interested in eating grass.  But in theory he will remember he can head out on his own whenever he needs the facilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment