Monday, March 18, 2019

When Latina came to the newly-manicured park yesterday, Brownie (of course) wanted to play.  She, however, still hasn't figured out that she's a dog.  


It didn't help that his idea of saying "let's play" includes nips, which may have "worked" in his old home with large dogs but which we strongly discouraged!  


On the plus side, Latina wasn't quite as nervous around him, 
though it's obvious that a friendship is going to take a lot more time.  


Both pooches love to run, and tag would be wonderful exercise for them, so Marcie and I are really looking forward to that day.



Got Marilyn's birthday gift wrapped and packaged last night, 
and a trip to the post office is just the first stop on today's Errand Run.  


Others include dropping off my machine at Mulqueens, dropping off lemons for Ellen, a trip to Costco for Sunday's brisket (among other things), etc.  The car is already loaded up with everything, so I should be ready to roll once Marcie gets her day going.  Her physical therapy "homework" for her frozen shoulder is taking up a lot of time each day!



I was all set for my morning soak (had actually just opened up the hot tub) when I remembered that Monday is now the day the pool guy comes.  Since I didn't want to surprise either of us I closed it back up and came back inside to call Mom.  She was still in her room, waiting on her TEE procedure (it was almost 11:00 there.)   I had hoped to hear that the antibiotics had kicked in and she had "bounced" and was feeling better.  Unfortunately that isn't the case.  She sounded very discouraged, commenting something to the effect that she is going downhill, and cut our conversation short after only a couple of minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment