Wednesday, March 6, 2019

After the gym yesterday I popped across the street to Sprouts to make use of the coupon Wanda had given me on Sunday.   Among my purchases were ahi tuna steaks, which we seared in sesame oil for dinner - delicious!  They were quite sizeable, so neither of us could finish - but will make wonderful leftovers.



While I was gone Brownie hung out in the backyard (because of his diarrhea) while Tom kept an eye on him from over by the shop.  He was quite a bit perkier by the time I got home, and even nibbled some on his breakfast, which made me a lot happier.  


Afterwards he supervised me filling up the trash can with some of my piles of raked leaves.  Tom weed-ate out yesterday, and I swept, so the front looks nice and spiffy - and the backyard is getting there.  



After lunch Marcie and I drove over near 67th & Peoria to pick up my first OfferUp purchase: a dog door insert for the sliding glass door.  I priced a new one at PetSmart the other day ($200) so Alex's suggestion to look on OfferUp first turned out to be a great idea; the used one only cost me $55.  Of course I haven't tried to install it yet, though assume it will fit.



The vet called in the afternoon with the first of Brownie's lab results.  Happily he tested negative for heartworm (which is what what killed Echo, back in the 80s) so I can pick up the meds today and get him started on that.  Won't know about Valley Fever for a few days, but he did show a somewhat elevated liver function.  We will keep an eye on that, and retest in a month.  (The vet was a little taken aback when I commented that we'd have to cut down on his alcohol consumption; she thought I was serious!)



I called Abby at PetSmart yesterday to cancel today's training session; I certainly don't want him exposing any of the animals there to his kennel cough!  (And of course training will go better when he's not feeling so crummy.) 



No surprise that after my poor night's sleep I was dragging by late afternoon, so I stretched out on the couch and watched My Fair Lady.  Don't think I actually dozed off, but did rest my eyes. 



Louise is giving a class on fabric postcards at Busy Bees this morning, 
so I plan to go check that out.

 

Brownie is not coughing nearly as much this morning, so maybe the antibiotics are beginning to kick in.  Soon it'll be time for his breakfast, and then I'll administer his third dose.  He is less than cooperative, but I'm managing.

No comments:

Post a Comment