Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Yesterday morning I whipped up a few more book covers, and found it easy to decide on a title for the one using the mice fabric: "I Wanted Armadillos"


When Mary arrived after lunching with her sister 

she'd shared her funny grocery store story.  


She was making soup to bring to her sister's, but had needed a few ingredients (and stamps) so she'd gone to Safeway.  And as long as she was there she added a bag of cat litter to the few items in her cart.  Because she also needed stamps she went through the regular check-out line instead of self-service.  

A woman in line behind her only had a couple of items, so Mary offered to let her 'cut in line' ahead of her, which the woman did.  After Mary loaded her items onto the conveyer belt she went to take her wallet out of her purse, but it wasn't there, so she knew she'd have to run back home and get it.  

Mary was in the process of removing her items and replacing them into her cart, but when the woman ahead of her found out the problem she wanted to pay for Mary's items - which (of course!) Mary didn't want her to do, telling her she lived nearby and it was no big deal to pop home.  


But apparently the woman was SO insistent (making Mary think someone was going to call the police over the scene she was making) that Mary finally relented.


Mary did want to remove the most expensive item, the kitty litter, saying she could certainly wait for that - but the woman wouldn't hear of it.  Of course at that point Mary couldn't ask the checker for a book of stamps - which was the whole reason she was in that line instead of self-serve.




And Alex also had a story when I asked him how his new snowboard undies had worked in Flagstaff on Sunday. His boarding bag had been all packed, and he'd just he grabbed the undies and thrown them onto seat in his truck when he headed over to his friend's. (Alex wasn't doing the driving this trip.)  Of course when he got to Flag the undies weren't IN his bag, and (of course) he worried they'd fallen out during the truck transfer.  Luckily they were still safely in his truck when he got back to Phoenix - but it was COLD up in Flag and he was really bummed not to have them with him.  AND we still don't know how effective they are. 


Took Brownie for a walk mid-afternoon, but even wearing 2 sweatshirts I felt cold.  He didn't seem to mind the weather, though I was glad to complete the circuit and return home.  


Alex thinks Brownie needs a doggie sweater

so I may wander the internet and see what's available.


  It does get chilly in the house at night (was barely in the 60s when I got up this morning) and of course it's coldest at floor level - although I do cover Brownie up with a blanket at bedtime.   



Yesterday I was all set (finally) to load more photos from the CDs to my laptop, but thought I'd check with Alex beforehand; the year we did the other day, 2015, doesn't show up like the folders for 2016-2020, and I'd like them to be a little more uniform. Turns out that "somehow" when I did the final step (after he'd left that day) that first year isn't actually on the laptop....

And no, I'm not really surprised - and no one else should be, either!



After candles Alex set up the motion sensing camera (yes, I had gotten the batteries all charged up.)  There were lots of settings to program in, and (surprise, surprise) the directions were a bit <G> unclear.  He actually agreed with that assessment of mine, though found it 'necessary' to add that he was able to figure them out.... AS IF that meant I should be able to do so also! 


As I reminded him, it's "probable" 

that I will need a substantial number of repeat sessions on using the camera.  


Because


When he was strapping it to the tree, and pointed out that he was sliding the main button from the middle ("Settings") to the right ("On") I asked him to remind me what the setting on the left was. 

Any guesses? LOL LOL LOL

In my (very feeble) defense, evenings are definitely NOT the best time of day for me to learn new things, and (as Mary had pointed out earlier) I do have other things on my mind these days - like worrying about Mom.


Alex won't be around much this next week because he's house-sitting/cat-sitting for a friend.  Sage was shy and hung out under the table at first -



but when Alex returned to feed her she was happy to see (and then interact) with him.


 I'm not even going to try to see if we captured anything on my new camera until he's around to help me; pretty sure I've proved the technology is beyond my scope of competency!



There was no e-mail from Andy last night (or yet today) so I don't know how Mom's PT went yesterday, or what the status of a move to Rehab is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment