Friday, December 4, 2020

A number of things today have conspired <g> 

to enable me to put off doing placemat #4.  



Around the time I was getting ready to start, my new doc's office called with some questions before Monday's appointment.  Since all of them would be answered from the paperwork I'd picked up and filled out, I offered to drive over and drop it off. 


 

So I downed a quick breakfast and Brownie and I were off.  Debbie was happy to get the info so she could enter it into the system ahead of time (and possibly even get my old records FAXed over) and I was happy to postpone today's sewing errors.


On the way home I stopped at the nursery on Bell to buy some herbs to plant in the little pots on my new shelf - but they didn't have what I wanted in their very meager selection.


When I got home I texted Mary to see where she gets her plants, 

hoping that I could try there - 

but it turned out to be the same place.


Alex popped over, and I twisted his arm <g> to have some turkey soup for lunch with me.  Now that it's all gone it may be harder to entice him to come over?


Called my computer guy to see if it would be possible to hook up our DVD player to my laptop since the photos are stored on similar 'round shiny things' <lol> but apparently that won't work.  He, did, however, send me a link for something I can order from Amazon (for only $20) that should do the trick.  


Of course we all know my history with technology that SHOULD work...but I'm hopeful.  There will, of course, be an update of how things go when it arrives.  Stay tuned!


Did a little raking and poop patrol, and around the time that I decided I shouldn't procrastinate any longer and really ought get to work sewing, Tom let me know there was a coyote in the Back 40.  I snuck into the backyard to take some zoomed-in pix.  Usually just opening the door is enough to scare a coyote off... but not today.





However when Alex opened his door to come out and see, 
Mr. Coyote retreated into the hedge.



I put Brownie in the house (and closed off his dog door) while we made some phone calls hoping to find someone to come and remove the limping critter.  In the end Alex beat the bushes with a pipe, and eventually was able to convince it to leave.  When it headed across the horse pasture in the direction of Marcie's, I called to make sure Latina was safe inside.  She was.




Also called Joy to let her know about the coyote - and give her their irrigation time for next Thursday.  They scored an excellent time slot, but this cycle ours is even crappier than last cycle: 11:30 pm - 1:30 am.  



Since the afternoon is moving right along
I guess I really ought to at least start on that placemat.

No comments:

Post a Comment