Wednesday, December 2, 2020

 Brownie enjoyed his time at the "new" dog park yesterday, though I could not get him interested in any of the agility equipment.  (The place has certainly changed - and been greatly enlarged - since I was there a zillion years ago.)  

Then Mary and I took Brownie on a lovely walk (luckily he didn't notice any of the bunnies we did) and once we finished our loop and returned to the park he zoomed around playing tag with some of the smaller dogs.   


It had actually gotten fairly warm by the time I headed home, so I dropped off Brownie at the house before circling back to the store to pick up my needed soup stock.  They've rearranged the whole place (WHY???) so even grabbing just that one item took longer than it should have.  At least the long line for self-checkout moved fairly quickly - but when I ended up at the machine with a NO CASH sign I had to use my debit card for that ridiculously small amount.


"That" spot in my arm has been acting up again; one day I could barely use it. 

The last time that happened I had just let it run its course, but at a later chiro appointment learned that the nerve running down my arm was connected to a spot in my back that was off.  So this time I thought I'd nip the suffering in the bud ~ 

except the chiropractor is so booked up 


that it would be more than a week before my scheduled appointment next Wednesday!



Stephanie did have some good news, though;

She will call me if there's a cancellation before then - and I'm at that top of that list!  

In the meantime heat applied to that arm is helping (somewhat) to mitigate the pain.



 Yesterday I finally got a couple of small Chanukah packages ready to mail off this morning,


 though I still have NO idea what to order for my brother.



I'm pleased to report that my turkey soup turned out yummy yesterday.  Too bad it'll disappear fast; I tested a small bowl for a midday 'lunch', and then had a regular bowlful for dinner.


Alex certainly didn't need his arm twisted to join me for a bowl at dinner time -

 

when he  agreed with my assessment.



In the evening Tom and I started watching The Queen's Gambit (I've heard high praise from countless people) and enjoyed it so much we binged the first three episodes.



A trip to the library could also happen today IF I can shower and get dressed and moving before it closes at noon.  I took something to go back to sleep at little before 4:00 this morning - and then (happily!) slept for another four hours!!!



Other things that I need to do today include getting back to work on the placemats.

No comments:

Post a Comment