Sunday, December 27, 2020

Maybe it's just human nature to "find meaning" in things, but it seems that there's been a constant stream of things this past week that remind me of Mom - and "normally" would be something I'd mention to her.  

Like the movie I enjoyed this afternoon, City Island, which takes place in the Bronx (where she grew up.)


Alex headed up to Flag late this afternoon in order to take advantage of tomorrow's predicted snow.  And yes, he did remember to pack his new woolen 'undies', so he will hopefully stay warmer than on his last trip.  


It's quite overcast here, so maybe (?!) we will get some rain.  In preparation for that possibility, I swept the porch/driveway so they have a chance to be washed clean, and swept the strip out front, filling in the latest hoof impressions and leveling out the ground.  Also did more raking, filling up a can.


I polished off the last of the cranberry mold, and almost all of the farro salad, and for dessert opened one of gift containers of Lacey cookies.  But instead of inhaling the entire stack (which has been known to happen...) I was able to keep myself to just one.  


BTW I weighed myself this morning, and was surprised to find that I haven't gained anything, despite my recent comfort eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment