Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I have an appointment with the podiatrist scheduled for this coming Monday, when I expect to find out what my next step <g> is.  Would have preferred to see him on Tuesday so it wouldn't conflict with my chiropractor appt, but he's only in the office on this side of town on certain days.  

When I called the chiro to cancel/reschedule Monday's appt I was not surprised to find that he is booked until Friday (which is why I had planned ahead.)  No doubt <sigh> I will need more of an adjustment after walking funny on crutches.


Today I am trying ibuprofen (which the ER suggested, saying I could even take it in conjunction with the percocet) in hopes that will work well enough to get me through the day.  So far it seems to be doing a pretty good job, and that way I can save the "heavier duty" drugs to help me manage the pain well enough to sleep through the night.  


After I lunched with Alex (sadly we killed off the last of the turkey soup, quite possibly my best batch yet) for dessert we dove into the condolence gift basket Marcie had dropped off earlier.  The assortment of goodies packed inside all look yummy (they do lean heavily toward the chocolate category!) but I behaved and only tried one.


Alex tried to hook up Hulu on the family room TV (I have it on my new one) but it turns out that our old Roku unit doesn't support it.  He did find Angry Birds, which I'd never played.  

Of course he did great, though he was somewhat frustrated by my lack of "expertise".  I will say that his instructions left a little to be desired, probably because it was hard for him to understand that I haven't played these sorts of games and he really needed to give me concrete, basic instructions.  Bottom line: those green pigs are pretty safe from me!


Kathi just stopped by with a knee scooter, which is SO much safer than the crutches. 

(And that's exactly what my splint looks like!)


She and I chatted for quite a while.  

It was definitely nice to see a 'new' face <g> and catch up on news.


I've been getting lots of phone calls from people checking up on me, so I haven't had time to get bored.  But if I do, I know the cure for that!    

No comments:

Post a Comment