Thursday, December 17, 2020

Quit working on the book blocks this afternoon when I made the same mistake with some penguin fabric that I'd made with the pottery fabric.  

Before that I had pinned a piece with the wrong side up (easily fixed) and also sewn another piece correctly... except that I had neglected to trim off the white selvedge, which (naturally) then showed inside the book block border.


At some point I should run out of mistakes to make, right?


I sent Andy an e-mail updating him on what I'd found out from Mom's nurse today, 

and received this reply:

Yes. I’ve spoken with the nutritionist, the physician, the activities coordinator, two different admissions people, and her nurse since Tuesday and that’s more or less consistent with what they said. We’ve been working to find things she likes to eat.  I told them she has a sweet tooth and also like salty/crunchy things, and ix-nay on salad, vegetables, and fish.



Tonight is the last night of Chanukah. 


I opened my remaining gift, which contained my much anticipated annual calendar from Lily - 

along with a penguin book!



Can hardly wait to find out what some of those dogs have been up to - but may not tell Brownie.  



I sure wouldn't want him to get any ideas!




Latest on Mom - apparently they have her on a renal diet (which is also a 'condition of release') and according to Marilyn "if they have her on a renal diet, you wouldn’t eat it either.  One of the most restrictive diets there is.  Pretty much everything anyone would want to eat is prohibited."

No comments:

Post a Comment