Tuesday, December 8, 2020

 Deb called today to reschedule our next tree-trimming marathon, moving it from late December to January; fine with me.  Since the projected irrigation 'schedule' is very confusing through the holidays I can't begin to predict when the yard will be flooded, so Deb has penciled us in on a couple of Mondays until I find out when the yard will be underwater. 


We had a young cat in the back yard today.  I saw it meander by the pool, think about a drink, and then head toward Pokey's crate.  Brownie seemed 'asleep at the wheel' in his bed under the quilting table - but suddenly he was off like a shot out the dog door and chased it around the corner of the house.  By the time I got outside Brownie was by the fence, barking up at a tree.



Linda and I chatted today, and she needed some gift ideas for Zahn.  I suggested a magazine subscription, which would arrive throughout the year, because who doesn't like getting mail?  (I still have boxes of some wonderful kid magazines stored out in the garage, and maybe someday will enjoy

them with visiting grandkids? <g>)


Did make some progress on the placemat set: all the dark tails were removed, backings and battings cut and pinned to the placemats, walking foot on machine... and first one quilted.  While I had planned to start on the second one, I found myself fading (yes, it was in the neighborhood of 11:00) and thought better of it.  


After I ate lunch I thought I might perk up - 


but ended up dozing on the couch part of the afternoon instead.



Alex had a friend over, and while they went riding dirt bikes her (big) dog hung out in the backyard. He was mellow, and seemed like a real sweetie - but sadly Brownie was not very hospitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment