Thursday, December 24, 2020

I got an early start on the couch last night while we were watching a movie - Tom woke me at 10 to go to bed, and then I slept through the night, until 5 this morning.  The only thing on today's agenda is some food prep for tomorrow, deviling the eggs and slicing/dicing the veggie add-ins to the farro.  Not going to attempt anything 'fancy', though, like this.

  

I had stopped in at the grocery store on my way home from the chiropractor yesterday for a few needed farro ingredients, but no real surprise (!) that I wasn't all there; when it was (finally) my turn to go through the check-out (because despite all the people shopping for Friday's meal, only 4 lanes were open), the number I'd written for the bulk dates I'd added to my cart was incorrect, and not in the system.


  The clerk kept trying to find it, even though I told her (repeatedly) that it wasn't necessary, and I didn't want to hold up the ever-increasing line.  I apologized for my mistake, finally adding the news about Mom, at which point the woman in line behind me gave her condolences.  While I'd mentioned early on that they were about $6/pound of course the clerk still needed a number, which she never found - and at long last just passed them along on the conveyor belt without charging me.  

And yes, they are sweet and delicious, and each time I snack on one I'll think of that clerk's kind deed in my time of sorrow.  


 Tom and I are all caught up on the taped Jeopardy episodes, and for one of them I assumed the Final, in "Broadway Revivals" category, was incredibly easy and a given -

Ads for the 2020 revival of this musical said, “something’s coming. Something good”; a new movie version is also coming

so naturally I was quite surprised when none of the contestants got it.  

That's just the sort of thing I would mention to Mom, another Jeopardy fan - except now I can never talk with her again.  (While I can still talk "to" her, she won't be talking back...)


The WP crossword yesterday was wildly jiggly - weird.  Even closing it and going back later didn't help, and it's still that way today.  Sobbing in sympathy because Mom will never be working those puzzles again?  

At least today's crossword was better behaved,  but since yesterday's jiggle remains that puzzle will never get finished.


Alex and I checked the camera, discovering we had LOTS of tripping, though virtually all the photos/videos were of birds.  However we did capture a cat, and a teensy fraction of a maybe-raccoon during the night.  


Today I got quite a happy surprise when I discovered that "I" made it onto her blog... 

Susan Carlson's blog

but incredibly sad that Mom will never read my blogs again.


I was always thinking of her when I composed my posts, knowing how much she enjoyed reading about my "exciting" life, and expect she will be foremost in my mind for a long time to come as I continue writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment